I’m just a wife, mother, and high school teacher trying to hold it all together with a pair of Spanx & a tub of ice cream.

Saturday, February 7, 2009

four steps + 5 teeth = 9 months old!

yesterday was the 9 month milestone for miss Charley ---wow, I just wished the 9 months i was pregnant with her went by as fast as these past 9 months have!

she took about 4 steps by herself Friday - she let go of gary's leg, her hands all in the air, a few unstable waddles, mommy, daddy, and aunt amy holding their breath --- then SPLAT! face plant! followed by roaring applause, of course! it was sweet. people run marathons, climb up enormous mounains, walk on the moon, and Jesus walked on water -- but my little girl toddled a foot or so across filthy carpet and i wanted to cry (maybe i did a little when i put her to bed that night, what of it?) kids.

and if that wasn't enough for me to process, i looked in her little mouth today to discover a 5th tooth! this one was sneaky...we hadn't noticed it, but should have been more wise to it given the last week of nasty earaches! oh well, someone get this girl a steak and some potatoes!

so that is the big news from our household...petty i guess, but it's all that we've got to talk about...now i see how my parents got so lame...a couple kids and the coolness is sucked right out of you....i mean, we ate at arby's tonight for dinner...how cool is that?

so i'm off to bed...it's almost 'double digits'....

1 comment:

The Masons said...

Ahhh... I bet you are such GREAT parents. My nephew just started walking within the past month... it's amazing how much joy something like that can bring. I can't wait to experience the 'little' things with my kids too someday.

btw - I'm glad you're back to blogging!!! :)

Amanda